Become a Life Coach in Charleston, South Carolina
Life Coaching is one of the fastest growing career fields because it offers the ability to have a rewarding career helping others. Maybe you’ve dreamed of having your own business, or you want the satisfaction of knowing you are helping other live a more rewarding and enjoyable life. Becoming a Life Coach in Charleston offers you the freedom of starting your own Life Coaching business or working for another company in a career focused on helping others.
Get started on your path to becoming an Charleston Life Coach!
Develop your Life Coaching skills and ultimately your Charleston, South Carolina Life Coaching business! Begin Your Dream of Becoming a Life coach in Charleston Today!
Successfully Complete These Requirements and You Earn Your Certificate!
After certification, two optional virtual classes are available to all graduates as part of the Charleston life coach training program. The Center for Coaching Certification is authorized by IACET to offer 3 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) for this program, 3 AICI CEUs may be earned, and the ICF has approved it for 30 hours of ACSTH – Approved Coach Specific Training Hours.
Charleston Life Coach Certification Program:
Prior to each virtual class, you will receive handouts. Following each virtual class you will receive the PowerPoint handout and a link to download the recording of your class.
- About Coaching: History; What it is and is not, Excelling as a Coach.
Research and Report Assignment 1 (average 90 minutes to complete – due before the next webinar)
- Ethics: Code of Ethics and Core Values
Research and Report Assignment 2 (average 90 minutes to complete – due before the next webinar)
- Understanding your Client: Understand different styles of thinking, processing, and deciding
Practice and Report Assignment 3 (average 90 minutes to complete – due before the next webinar)
- Communication: Listening Skills, Assertive Communication, and Effective Questioning
Practice and Report Assignment 4 (average 90 minutes to complete – due before the next webinar)
- Focus and Motivation: Learning Styles, Focus, and Language that Motivates
Practice and Report Assignment 5 (average 90 minutes to complete – due before the coaching practicum) About the virtual classes: Each requires live participation and is 90 minutes starting the times noted. The training exercises are due before the next class in the series. A computer with internet access is required to participate in the online classes. The audio is available either through a computer speaker and microphone or with a telephone.
Charleston Life Coaching Practicum:
In your class, you will be assigned coaching partners. Questionnaires for the coaching sessions are provided.
- Review of webinars and assignments to discuss application during coaching sessions
- Coach and Be Coached for Introductory Session
- Coach and be Coached for Session 1
- Preparation for next coaching session (homework assignment)
- Coach and be Coached Session 2
- Coach and be Coached Session 3
- Coach and be Coached Session 4
Case Study: Fill in the sections with an overview of the coaching process based on your program materials.
Charleston Life Coaching Graduation!
After you graduate, you will be given login information for the website providing you access to over 100 different tools including dozens of questionnaires plus resources for coaches. Additionally, all graduates have the opportunity to become a published author by contributing a chapter to the annual edition of Coaching Perspectives. Certified coaches may list themselves in the optional online directory www.FindaCertifiedCoach.com and may join the team of coaches whose services we promote.
Post-Certification Optional Webinars Included for Charleston Graduates:
- Virtual Class 6: The Business of Coaching (Included – Attendance is Optional)
Start-up and set-up, Coaching Agreements, Sample service price points, Business Plans Planning worksheet
- Virtual Class 7: Marketing Your Coaching Business (Included – Attendance is Optional)
Name, niche, theme, message, website, business cards, brochures, flyers, blogs, articles, presentations Planning worksheet Learning Outcomes: By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Explain the parameters of coaching
- Discuss the ICF Code of Ethics
- Identify and coach different personality styles
- Explain and use listening skills, assertive communication techniques, and powerful questioning
- Recognize language patterns and coach for positive, proactive goal setting and action planning
- Develop business and marketing plans for a coaching practice
Continuing Education to Maintain Certification:
12 hours every two years. Visit the continuing education page on this website to explore possibilities. Training programs you attend through work or professional development that are pertinent to Coaching may be accepted. Imagine the possibilities and be an executive coach or become a life coach with this professional coach training. Enrich your life through coach training as professional development or part of a leadership program. Increase your credibility and opportunities now as a certified professional coach.
The full program fee to earn your Certified Professional Coach designation is $1695. This includes the five webinars and live class required for certification, plus two optional webinars after certification, and access to the Coaches page on this site with tools, session questionnaires, and more. Inclusion in the www.FindaCertifiedCoach.com database is optional.
Cancellation Policy: In the event you must cancel participation, up to seven days prior to the start of the first program webinar you may request a refund of the amount less a twenty percent processing fee; six days or less prior to the start of the first program webinar you may request a refund of fifty percent of the registration. You may transfer your full registration to someone else up to three days prior to the start of the first webinar.
Certified Professional Coach Program Overview – Charleston, South Carolina
Earning your Certified Professional Coach designation begins with participation in five 90-minute classes and five research and report assignments (two pages written) designed so you apply the information presented (anticipate an average of 90 minutes each assignment). Next is the coaching practicum completed in either a two-day live class in Charleston, South Carolina or virtually with webinars and conference calls.
You will experience coaching hands-on: coach, be coached, and observe coaching – in your class you will be assigned someone to coach, someone will be assigned to coach you, and you will have the opportunity to observe coaching sessions. (Anticipate homework during the practicum). The last step to complete your coaching certification is a case study.
Charleston In-Person and Online Life Coach Training Schedule
Five online classes at 2PM Eastern, 1PM Central, NOON Mountain, 11AM Pacific:
- October 5, 2015 Webinar 1: About Coaching and CCC (90 minutes)
- October 8, 2015 Webinar 2: Ethics (90 minutes)
- October 12, 2015 Webinar 3: Understanding Your Client (90 minutes)
- October 15, 2015 Webinar 4: Communication (90 minutes)
- October 19, 2015 Webinar 5: Focus and Motivation (90 minutes)
Charleston Two days in a classroom setting:
- October 26 and 27, 2015 Coaching Practicum (9 AM to 4 PM)
Optional Webinars (Included): Webinars are at 2PM Eastern, 1PM Central, NOON Mountain, 11AM Pacific:
- October 28, 2015 Optional Webinar 6: The Business of Coaching (90 minutes)
- October 30, 2015 Optional Webinar 7: Marketing Your Coaching Business (90 minutes)